Recipe by bigbadbrenda
This is a great sandwich to have for a light lunch , even kids will like it. I found this in a Canadian living mag. last year and just found the recipe again in a box of papers. Hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.
Top Review by Queen Roachie
Yummy! I used leftover rotisserie chicken, homemade mayo, and I did add the curry powder. Used more chicken so I used half a Pink Lady apple. After letting this sit for a bit I added a sprinkle of parm. This is going into whole grain wraps tonight for dinner. Next time I might add some candied pecans. My husband hates traditional chicken salad because he doesn't like the celery, but we love curry, so this is great. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 boneless chicken breast, skin removed
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced peeled apple
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour water in pan to 3/4 in and bring to simmer.
- Add chicken , cover and poach over med/low heat for about 12 -15 minutes.
- Put on a plate and refrigerate till cool enough to handle. Then finely dice.
- In a bowl stir all remaining ingredients including the chicken.
- Butter the bread with the softened butter and spread 1 slice with the mixture. Top with remaining slice of bread. Trim the crust and cut the sandwich into triangles or squares for little hands.
- If you want to make ahead , place on a baking sheet and cover with a damp cloth and cover tightly with plastic wrap for up to 24 hours.