Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great sandwich to have for a light lunch , even kids will like it. I found this in a Canadian living mag. last year and just found the recipe again in a box of papers. Hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 1 boneless chicken breast, skin removed
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced peeled apple
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Pour water in pan to 3/4 in and bring to simmer.
- Add chicken , cover and poach over med/low heat for about 12 -15 minutes.
- Put on a plate and refrigerate till cool enough to handle. Then finely dice.
- In a bowl stir all remaining ingredients including the chicken.
- Butter the bread with the softened butter and spread 1 slice with the mixture. Top with remaining slice of bread. Trim the crust and cut the sandwich into triangles or squares for little hands.
- If you want to make ahead , place on a baking sheet and cover with a damp cloth and cover tightly with plastic wrap for up to 24 hours.
Yummy! I used leftover rotisserie chicken, homemade mayo, and I did add the curry powder. Used more chicken so I used half a Pink Lady apple. After letting this sit for a bit I added a sprinkle of parm. This is going into whole grain wraps tonight for dinner. Next time I might add some candied pecans. My husband hates traditional chicken salad because he doesn't like the celery, but we love curry, so this is great. Thanks for sharing.
Great chicken salad!!! Made as directed, I did add a little sage and some chopped pecans!! Will be making this again!
I did make a few changes but I have to say I really enjoyed this recipe! The changes I made were slight but I think they made a huge difference. 1. Double the lemon juice to 2 teaspoons, 2.Use a whole Small green apple (which is like 2 and half times what's called for, and 3. Add one rib of celery. It'll give it a nice crunch and great flavor. But again, awesome recipe! So good.