This is a great sandwich to have for a light lunch , even kids will like it. I found this in a Canadian living mag. last year and just found the recipe again in a box of papers. Hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.
- Pour water in pan to 3/4 in and bring to simmer.
- Add chicken , cover and poach over med/low heat for about 12 -15 minutes.
- Put on a plate and refrigerate till cool enough to handle. Then finely dice.
- In a bowl stir all remaining ingredients including the chicken.
- Butter the bread with the softened butter and spread 1 slice with the mixture. Top with remaining slice of bread. Trim the crust and cut the sandwich into triangles or squares for little hands.
- If you want to make ahead , place on a baking sheet and cover with a damp cloth and cover tightly with plastic wrap for up to 24 hours.