Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks, "Friends of the Market".......a local farmers market cookbook from Mauldin, S.C. You can use rotisserie chicken instead of the canned if you prefer.
- 1 (8 ounce) package zatarain's jambalaya mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans white chicken meat, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to boil. Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Stir in Jambalaya mix, drained chicken and water chestnuts. Cover, cook over medium heat until water evaporates, about 20 to 25 minutes.