Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I went through about 110 recipes to make sure this wasn't a duplicate - and it's not! It's from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty 2007 Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet but I plan to try wild rice instead of long grain when I do.
- 2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- Bring the rice, broth and water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes (until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender); over low heat.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, milk, onion, Worcestershire and salt.
- Add the chicken and celery and 1/2 cup of almonds.
- Add the rice when it is done.
- Pour into a 13" X 9" X 2" baking dish coated in cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, add remaining almonds on top and bake an additional 5 - 10 minutes.