Recipe by Dancer^
Kids love this. For a whole new flavor, substitute 1 tablespoon jerk blend seasoning mix for the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper.
- 4 cups bite size Corn Chex (such as Corn or Rice Chex) or 4 cups Rice Chex (such as Corn or Rice Chex)
- 2 cups bite size Wheat Chex (such as Wheat Chex)
- 2 cups broken whole grain melba toast
- 2 cups small fat free pretzel twists
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried tart cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Put corn or rice cereal, wheat cereal, Melba toast and pretzels in a large bowl; stir to mix.
- In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, stir together melted margarine or butter, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and ground red pepper.
- Drizzle over cereal mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread cereal mixture in a 15x10x1 inch (or a 13x9x2 inch) baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 300-degree oven about 25 minutes, stirring every 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir in dried cherries.
- Pour onto aluminum foil to cool completely.
- Store in a tightly covered container for up to 1 week.