Recipe by katie in the UP
These are a quick easy throw together cookie.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Quick, easy and a great way to dress up some refrigerated cookie dough. The kids loved these after school. Used finely crushed Total for wheat flakes which gives a nice bit of crunch to the cookie. Cherries really should be patted dry with a paper towel. Thanks, Katie, for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, well drainedand chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups wheat flakes cereal, coarsely crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, break up cookie dough. Pat cherries dry with paper towels. Gently stir cherries and flour into dough.
- Drop dough by heaping tsp into cereal crumbs.
- pressing cereal into dough. Shape into balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golded brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets.