Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good quick hamburger casserole.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento, optional
- 2 cups colby cheese, cubed
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain.
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Then add to beef soups, green pepper, pimento and cooked macaroni.
- Place half the mixture in a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese and onions.
- Top with remaining macaroni mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions and bake 5 minutes longer.
Good and easy to prepare! Made as directed except for the pimento, as I didn't have any. I also didn't care for the onions on top so will omit next time. Thanks for the recipe!
Very good recipe. It was simple to make and made a meal in one. I made this as directed except for the onions, we just really don't care for them, so I left them off. I will make this recipe again, but the next time I think I will use cheddar cheese. This was my first recipe ever with colby, and while it was good, we just prefer cheddar. Thanks for the great recipe. I would gladly recommend it to anyone.