Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is an easy Taste of Home recipe that my family really likes. I love the zing from the cayenne and will sometimes use pepper jack cheese if I want a little more heat. I like to serve this with a bowl of soup.
Top Review by I'mPat
Made this for the DM and myself for lumch (I had a side salad with mine) and we both enjpyed. We don't get Mexican Blend Cheese so I used a vintage cheddar and sprinkled with hot paprika and some cayene peppe. Made for a very nice lunch thank you, Made for Make My Recipe.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the bread about 1/2" thick and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Combine the oil, thyme and cayenne in a bowl; whisk to blend and brush on the bread slices.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 300 degrees until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.