Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy chicken recipe that is sure to please with it's cheesy goodness. Change the cheese for a twist!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into four 2 in strips
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 400.
- Cut a 3-inch slit in each chicken breast half to form pocket.
- Insert 1 strip cheese into each pocket.
- Secure each pocket with several toothpicks.
- Combine crumbs, shredded cheese and seasoning salt in pie pan or shallow bowl.
- Place beaten egg in another pie pan or shallow bowl; dip chicken in egg.
- Lightly press both sides of chicken in crumb mixture to coat.
- Place chicken onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
This was a good recipe. I made this sometime last week and served with fresh homemade bread and honey glazed steamed carrots. I only used 2 chicken breasts, but left the rest of the recipe the same and it was perfect - no leftover crumb mixture at all. Not sure that I will make this again, but it was worth trying.
It was very easy to make and we all loved it, including all of my very finicky children!