Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are great.
- 1 cup sour cream (8 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, milk, chives, salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Spread in a 15x19x1-inch baking pan.
- Combine cheese and cornflakes.
- Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
These were just OK. Usually when I make this type of dish my family inhales it but I have a ton of leftovers. They were pretty bland. I followed the recipe as written except I only used 4 potatoes because I was running really thin on the sauce. To use 6 potatoes there has to be more sauce. Made for My 3 Chefs '08.