1/7 Photos of Crunchy Cheese and Herb Pull-apart Bread
2 hrs 45 mins
Mimi in Maine's Note:
Yummy pull-apart bread that was part of a county fair baking competition. It is baked in an angel pan and is delicious sliced and toasted. Slice it thin and use it for sandwiches. I make a double batch and slice it and freeze it with 2 slices to a baggie. Then take it out and thaw it and toast it. It won't stay in our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups very warm water (about 105 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 1/2-6 cups flour
- 1/4-1/3 cup olive oil
- 1In a large bowl, combine water, sugar, yeast, oil and l cup of flour.
- 2Let stand 5 minute until yeast if frothy.
- 3Stir in salt and rest of flour, 1/2 cup at a time until mixture begins to pull away from the bowl sides.
- 4Turn onto a floured surface and knead 5-8 minutes (or 100 times), adding a little flour when needed so dough won't stick to the counter.
- 5Place dough in a well-oiled bowl, turning to coat all sides.
- 6Cover and let rise till double.
- 7Combine seasoning in a small bowl.
- 8Put olive oil in another small bowl.
- 9When dough has risen, punch down.
- 10Spray an angel pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- 11Cut or pull off dough about the size of a large walnut.
- 12Roll pieces into a ball and dip in the olive oil.
- 13Roll in seasoning mixture.
- 14Place side by side in pan, making layers as needed.
- 15Set aside and allow to rise till dough reaches the top of the pan.
- 16Preheat oven to 400 degrees while the loaf is rising.
- 17When risen, bake for approximately 35-45 minute or till top is golden.
- 18Turn out on a cooling rack.
- 19Makes one loaf the size of an angel pan.
- 20Slice and toast if desired with butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Cheese and Herb Pull-apart Bread
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 486.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.8 g