Recipe by KittyKitty
I used to like catfish, and I made this alot. I recently just lost my taste for catfish, don't know why, but mt dad loves it, and so I have passed this recipe on to him.
- 8 (4 ounce) catfish fillets
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups crushed Corn Chex or 2 cups similar cereal
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled & chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each filet lengthwise into 3 strips, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Whisk together milk and mustard.Combine crushed cereal, cornstarch, pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt. Dip fish in milk mixture, dredge in cereal mixture. Arrange fish fingers on a rack coated with cooking spray. Place rack in an aluminum foil lined broiler pan. Lightly coat fish with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375F for 20 -22 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve with Curried Rice.
- Curried Rice:.
- Saute first 5 ingredients in hot oil in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, 5 minutes. (do not brown). Stir in broth and salt, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absobed. Stir in raisins, green onions, and toasted almonds. 3 1/2 cups.