Cindy Rose's Note:
I've been making this snack mix since 1991 and have been asked for the recipe several times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 13x9x2 baking pan combine the 1st four ingredients. Set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan combine sugar, margarine and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter melts and mixture comes to boiling.
- 3Cook without stirring 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4Stir in baking soda and cream of tartar.
- 5Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture. Kind of mix it up.
- 6Bake in 300 degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- 7Transfer to a large shallow pan. Cool.
- 8Keep mix at room temperature for no more than one week in a tightly covered container or freeze in freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Caramel Snack Mix
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 472.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g