Recipe by Cindy Rose
I've been making this snack mix since 1991 and have been asked for the recipe several times.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
It's been ages since I had any Cocoa Puffs, but in this mix they were great, along with the other crunchy bits & pieces! I included this on my finger food counter for a monthly group I host, & they gobbled it up in no time (so much for freezing some . . . but another time . . .)! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 3 cups Cocoa Puffs cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups pretzels, small twisted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 13x9x2 baking pan combine the 1st four ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, margarine and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter melts and mixture comes to boiling.
- Cook without stirring 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture. Kind of mix it up.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large shallow pan. Cool.
- Keep mix at room temperature for no more than one week in a tightly covered container or freeze in freezer bag for up to 3 months.