Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is buttery, sweet and delicious.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 177.44 ml quick-cooking oats
- 118.29 ml butter
- 24 caramels
- 29.58 ml cream
- 29.58 ml flour
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, brown sugar, and oatmeal; cut the butter in until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press all but one cup of the mixture into the bottom of an 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the caramels and cream. Heat slowly in microwave, stirring frequently until caramel melts. Blend in 2 tablespoons flour. Spread this carefully over baked mixture.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over caramel. Sprinkle the remaining one cup crumbly mixture over this.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut into squares.
Delicious! It would be a 5-star except that the crunchy topping is shedding everywhere as we try to eat and that's awkward when you have young kids dripping cookie topping on the floor. I love the flavor of the oats, caramel, and chocolate.
These bars are wonderful! I doubled the batch, used nonfat milk instead of cream and baked them in a 9 x 13 pan. They were a huge hit at the birthday party I took them to this weekend! (How can you go wrong with caramel and chocolate?) ;) Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Vicki!