Recipe by Vicki in CT
This is buttery, sweet and delicious.
Top Review by 3KillerBs
Delicious! It would be a 5-star except that the crunchy topping is shedding everywhere as we try to eat and that's awkward when you have young kids dripping cookie topping on the floor. I love the flavor of the oats, caramel, and chocolate.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 24 caramels
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, brown sugar, and oatmeal; cut the butter in until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press all but one cup of the mixture into the bottom of an 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the caramels and cream. Heat slowly in microwave, stirring frequently until caramel melts. Blend in 2 tablespoons flour. Spread this carefully over baked mixture.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over caramel. Sprinkle the remaining one cup crumbly mixture over this.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut into squares.