This is buttery, sweet and delicious.
Make and share this Crunchy Caramel Chocolate Layer Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, brown sugar, and oatmeal; cut the butter in until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press all but one cup of the mixture into the bottom of an 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the caramels and cream. Heat slowly in microwave, stirring frequently until caramel melts. Blend in 2 tablespoons flour. Spread this carefully over baked mixture.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over caramel. Sprinkle the remaining one cup crumbly mixture over this.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut into squares.