1 hr 40 mins
STK FD WIFE, A.TITUS's Note:
This is the 2001 Apple Pie recipe, won by Marsha Brooks. Emeril named this pie the winner of his Apple Pie of his eye contest on Good Morning America.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (You may need more if your family sits by the bowl and sneaks the)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1Directions for Crumb Topping: Stir together brown sugar,flour, rolled oats.
- 2Cut in 1/2 cup butter until topping is like course crumbs.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Directions: In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- 5Add apple slices and gently toss until coated.
- 6Transfer apple mixture to the pie shell Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture.
- 7Place pie on a cookie sheet so the drippings don't drop into your oven.
- 8Cover edges of pie with aluminum foil.
- 9Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 25 minutes.
- 10Then remove foil and put back in for another 25 to 30 minutes without foil.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3538.7
- Calories from Fat 1243
- Total Fat 138.1 g
- Saturated Fat 72.4 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 1856.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 574.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.7 g
- Sugars 395.7 g
- Protein 23.8 g