1 hr 20 mins
This is the most wonderful apple pie recipe! It was the winner of Emeril's contest for the best apple pie on Good Morning America in 2001. Absolutely mouthwatering!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the Pie
- 9 inches deep dish pie shells (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups golden delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (store bought)
for crumb topping
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Prepare the crumb topping first by combining the sugar flour and rolled oats in a bowl.
- 3Cut in the 1/2 cup of butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs and set aside.
- 4For the pie, stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 5Add apple slices and toss gently until coated.
- 6Transfer the apple mixture to the pie shell.
- 7(If using a store bought pie shell, remove it from the aluminum pie plate and transfer it to a 9" pie plate of your own-- it looks better!) Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture.
- 8Cover edges of pie with aluminum foil.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes, then remove foil and bake another 25 to 30 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped pecans and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- 11Cool on a wire rack.
- 12Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.7
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 268.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 49.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g