1 hr 40 mins
A friend gave me this recipe when I got a 36lb box of apples from Bountiful Baskets. This is, hands down, the best apple pie I have ever made or eaten. I have made this recipe with Gala and Granny Smith apples, and it worked out great with both types.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1mix apple slices, lemon juice, sugar, 4 tbsp flour and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl.
- 2in a separate bowl, cut the butter into 1/2 cup flour.
- 3mix brown sugar, oats, and 1/4 tsp salt into the butter/flour mixture.
- 4layer apples in pie crust and top with crumb topping.
- 5cover the edges of the pie crust with a thin strip of aluminum foil and bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- 6remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes.
- 7sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the crumble topping during the last 5 minutes of baking time.
- 8while the pie cools, drizzle caramel topping (about 1/2 jar) over the top.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.1
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 397.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 49.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g