Recipe by LonghornMama
From TOH Quick Cooking, March/April 2003 issue, credited to Faye O'Brien. These are very yummy for the holidays. I've seen many similar recipes, but this one hits it just right for us. Recipe calls for melting candy coating in the crockpot but I microwave instead.
- 2 lbs white candy coating, broken into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 4 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Place candy coating in a 5 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Add peanut butter.
- Stir in extract if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals and marshmallows.
- Stir in the peanut butter mixture until well coated.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Let stand until set.
- Store at room temperature.