I love cabbage salad, and I wanted to try a new variation. This is a great one. Recipe courtesy of Linda Larson on about.com. The recipe didn't say how much water to add so I just added a couple splashes so it wasn't too greasy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sesame seeds and almonds on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high until lightly toasted and you can smell them toasting (about 2 to 3 minutes). Stir frequently while cooking. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine cabbage, peppers, snow peas, and green onions. Crush ramen noodles and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine oil, water, vinegar, sugar, and 1 seasoning packet. Discard remaining seasoning packet. Beat dressing with wire whisk until combined.
- 4Just before serving, toss crushed noodles, toasted almonds, and sesame seeds with cabbage mixture. Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Cabbage Salad
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.2
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 318.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g