Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Food & Wine. March 2007.
- 8 anchovy fillets, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb green cabbage, finely shredded (4 1/2 cups)
- 3⁄4 lb red cabbage, finely shredded (4 1/2 cups)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mash the anchovies and garlic to a paste.
- Mash in the white wine vinegar, then slowly blend in the vegetable oil. Fold in the green and red cabbages and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or lightly chilled.