Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Makes a good side-dish for just about any meat entree or a meatless main dish.
Top Review by marileamills
Oh WOW!!! These cabbage rolls were so wonderful and easy to make. I love the nutty flavor of the brown rice and the crunchiness from the water chestnuts. I served them with grilled pork tenderloin and baby carrots for one heck of a meal. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 8 large cabbage leaves
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (well seasoned)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cabbage leaves in a small amount of boiling water and cook for 8 minutes or until just tender; drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the next 4 ingredients.
- Spoon 1/2 cup rice mixture onto each cabbage leaf.
- Roll up and place roll seam side down in a 12x8 baking dish.
- Pour the broth on and around cabbage rolls.
- Brush the rolls with the remaining melted butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.