Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My variation of standby. Use different dressing for completely new taste.
Make and share this Crunchy Broccoli Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons sweetened dry cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt, dressing
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- Chop broccoli into 1/2-3/4" pieces.
- Finely dice Celery & Red Onion.
- Shred Carrot.
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl.
- Whisk Yogurt/OJ/Mayo in small bowl pour over dry mixture, toss to coat.
Although your servings are very small compared to what we usually put on the table, that's really not as important as the taste of the salad, & that, we enjoyed! The 2 of us had enough for two meals, & we loved the raisins & cranberries in it! The only change I made was to steam the broccoli just enough to soften it up slightly! I like it raw, but my other half prefers it a little less so! Healthy & crunchy, that's for me! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
Very nice broccoli salad! I don't care for onions so omitted them, and chopped my carrots instead of shredding. I liked the tangy/sweet orange dressing on this. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
Great, healthy salad! Lots of textures and flavors here. It was a hit! made for Fall 2011 PAC game.