Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I usually make this at Christmas. When made with red bell peppers, it has a nice green, red, and white color. This sweet and crunchy salad is sometimes it's best the day after being made.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces (equal to amount of broccoli used)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
Other items that can be added
- nuts (optional)
- crumbled fried bacon (optional)
- red bell pepper (optional)
- white raisins (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Prepare and chop all salad ingredients and place in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, make dressing.
- Mix well.
- Stir into salad.
- Best if refridgerated for 1-2 hours before serving.
This is the best broccoli salad ever. I use raisins, red onions and bacon. I eat this for every meal until it is all gone. Splenda works out well if you're watching your sugar intake.
I just went to my nephew's graduation party and my sister made a broccoli salad. She added the bacon, raisins and sunflower seeds and the salad was absolutely delicious! All should give it a try...you won't be dissapointed.
I picked this for the chef of the day game. I used just cauliflower cause it was on hand, added the sunflower seeds, celery, green bell pepper, bacon bits, cubes of cheddar cheese, and raisins. Delicious! Thanks for posting!