Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Had this salad at a bridal shower and could NOT get enough of it. Cooking time includes chill time.
- 2 -3 heads broccoli (Fresh, Usually comes 2-3 heads per bag)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (Cooked & Crumbled)
- onion (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Mix all the salad ingredients in bowl and set aside.
- Mix the dressing ingredients (mayo, sugar, vinegar) together and pour over the salad ingredients and mix well.
I love broccoli salad and this one is great! I did not add the almonds (personal preference) but I don't think it detracted from the flavor. I used the precooked bacon (crisped up in the microwave) and it worked great. Thanks for posting a keeper!