Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Egg free healthy breakfast bars. This recipe comes from cooks.com.
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons squeeze liquid butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 2 inch baking pan with shortening. Put into a large mixing bowl, 1 cup of uncooked oatmeal, 1/3 cup shredded coconut, 1/4 cup chopped nuts and 2 1/2 tablespoons of wheat germ. Mix ingredients together.
- Add to the large bowl of ingredients 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of squeeze butter and 1 tablespoon of molasses. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Using the back of the wooden spoon, press mixture firmly into greased baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Place on cooling rack. Let cool for a few minutes, then cut into bars and serve.