Recipe by Mom2Rose
The crunchy coconut and banana-nut topping adds a new twist to this tropics-inspired quick bread.
Top Review by NurseJaney
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #34* This is REALLY tasty !! I could only find Lucerne pina colada yogurt, and Quaker True Delight Coconut/Banana/Macadamia nut granola bars. If that made a difference, it didn't matter. I baked at 325* in my dark loaf pan for 45 minutes uncovered, the 20 minutes covered with foil. Although I had sprinkled the granola bar pieces over the top, all the edges puffed first and the topping ended up in a solid strip in the center. Left the coconut out for personal preference, sufficient flavor from the bars. I kind of forced the banana for ripeness, and think there would be more banana flavor from the "usual" almost transparent reipe bananas, I usually have ! Thanks for posting, Mom2Rose !
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1 (6 ounce) containeryoplait original 99% fat free pina colada yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Nature Valley banana nut crunchy granola bars, coarsely crushed (2 pouches from 8.9-oz. box)
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F (If using dark pan, decrease oven temperature to 325°F).
- Generously grease 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, bananas and yogurt.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt; beat until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the crushed granola bars until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup crushed granola bars and the coconut.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter in pan; press in lightly.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, covering with foil during last 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan; place on rack.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.