Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The crunchy coconut and banana-nut topping adds a new twist to this tropics-inspired quick bread.
Make and share this Crunchy Banana Colada Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1 (6 ounce) containeryoplait original 99% fat free pina colada yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Nature Valley banana nut crunchy granola bars, coarsely crushed (2 pouches from 8.9-oz. box)
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F (If using dark pan, decrease oven temperature to 325°F).
- Generously grease 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, bananas and yogurt.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt; beat until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the crushed granola bars until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup crushed granola bars and the coconut.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter in pan; press in lightly.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, covering with foil during last 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan; place on rack.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #34* This is REALLY tasty !! I could only find Lucerne pina colada yogurt, and Quaker True Delight Coconut/Banana/Macadamia nut granola bars. If that made a difference, it didn't matter. I baked at 325* in my dark loaf pan for 45 minutes uncovered, the 20 minutes covered with foil. Although I had sprinkled the granola bar pieces over the top, all the edges puffed first and the topping ended up in a solid strip in the center. Left the coconut out for personal preference, sufficient flavor from the bars. I kind of forced the banana for ripeness, and think there would be more banana flavor from the "usual" almost transparent reipe bananas, I usually have ! Thanks for posting, Mom2Rose !
I made this recipe into 4 small loaves. I could not find the Nature Valley banana nut crunchy granola bars but I did find Quaker Oat's "True Delights" granola bar. It is described as "toasted coconut banana macadamia nut", so I think it was a perfect substitute. The box had 5 bars in it so I used all 5 in this recipe. This would make a nice bread to give as a gift. It is a little more special than an ordinary loaf of banana bread.
EXCELLENT! I made this for guests and it was gobbled up instantly. The bread has a nice crunchy top yet an oh-so-moist interior. I love the nutty and coconut flavoring. This is just awesome. I couldn't find the Nature Valley banana nut so used N.V. vanilla nut, instead. Nobody could wait until this bread completely cooled. We ate it straight from the pan while it was still warm!