Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
yet another trick to get them to eat their veggies...
- 4 cups Rice Krispies, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (light or regular)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise (light or regular)
- 6 cups bite-size raw vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, green and red pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, pick what)
- Mix the cereal, oregano, basil, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and parmesan cheese in a 1 gallon plastic bag or a large bowl.
- Mix the vegetables and the mayonnaise to thoroughly coat.
- If using a bag, add the vegetables 1/2 at a time and shake until coated.
- Otherwise the vegetables can be rolled or mixed with the cereal mixture to coat.
- Place in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425F for 10 minutes or until veggies are tender and coating is lightly browned and crunchy.
I used rice squares (chex mex) instead of rice krispies. For veggies, I used, zucchini, squash, broccoli, snap peas, and carrots. It was easy and tasty.