Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Panko breadcrumbs are Japanese style crumbs. They are made with whole wheat and are lighter, larger and crispier than normal crumbs. They make a delicious crispy coating for these chops.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 cup whole wheat panko
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In shallow dish, mix breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- In another dish, beat egg with mustard.
- Place flour in third dish.
- Dredge each pork chop in flour, dip in egg mixture and then breadcrumb mixture, covering completely and patting so crumbs adhere.
- Place chops on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake until chops are cooked through (170 degrees), about 30 minutes, depending on thickness of chops, turning once.
- Serve with mushroom or country gravy, mashed potatoes and either apple sauce or baked apples.
Very tasty! I modified it a bit. I pounded the meat to 1/8". Since I didn't have fresh herbs, I used dried. After coating the meat, I dizzled butter on top. I baked on a broiling pan at 400 for 20 minutes. The panko was crispy so I think increasing the temperature and using a broiling pan may help. I've been looking for an easy recipe for pork and finally found it. Thanks, Greg!
Not quite as crunchy as I hoped. Perhaps, if the oven was a bit hotter or the pork chops were placed on a wire rack. Still it's a keeper. The Dijon mustard gives it a nice snappy flavor.
The taste of this recipe is delicious and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the chops never got "crunchy". My baking sheets are almost new and non stick. The taste is delicious and I've made them for the 2nd time tonight to make sure I didn't do anything wrong the first time. I got the same result. (I even used some non stick spray on the pan tonight) The coating sticks to the bottom of the pan, not all, but a good amount. If the review was based solely on taste, I'd give it 5 plus stars! I really love the taste of these chops and I'm going to try upping the tempature of the oven next time to see if that helps. Thanks for a delicious recipe Greg!