Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Crunchy crispy chicken you would swear had been pan fried!
Make and share this Crunchy Baked "fried" Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Dip chicken pieces in milk.
- Then roll in cornmeal mixture.
- Place in a well greased 13x9 pan.
- Drizzle the butter over chicken.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 375 degree oven for 50- 55 minutes.
- Note: I think chicken (fried or baked) tastes better if soaked for at least 4 hours in salt water.
- I use seasoned salt- about 3 Tbls.
- in a bowl of water big enough to hold chicken.
- Be sure to dry the chicken before using.
Well, I wouldn't swear they were fried, but they sure did taste good! I actually only had some cornbread mix on hand, so I used that instead of cornmeal and flour separately. I added a little bit of garlic to the coating. It was pretty crispy on top, but the bottom got kind of soggy...maybe you could stand to cut down on the amount of butter you drizzle, cause it seemed like a lot of it just kind of pooled up in the bottom of my pan. But otherwise, this was terrific, and really easy!
Iused buttermilk instead of milk and added a little garlic and let them marinate for a while before coating in cornmeal mix. Got the thumbs up from family
Used this recipe for my son's southern party he was catering. Southern fried chicken is what everyone thought they were having! They were very surprised when we announced it was baked.