Recipe by jonesies
Fish marinated in french dressing before it is coated in a french-fried onion and cheese mixture. Taken from "The Complete Family Cook Book". Haven't tried it yet, but I will be soon!
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
These where OUTSTANDING!! More than 5 sstars!!Great taste, easy to prepare.This will now be our favorite recipe for the freshly caught Speckled Trout Fillets we frequently get from our Nephew. ! :-)Koechin/Chef
- 2 lbs fish fillets (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw fish steaks if frozen.
- Cut into serving pieces.
- Place fish in a shallow baking pan.
- Combine french dressing, lemon juice and salt.
- Pour sauce over fish and let stand 30 minutes, turning once.
- Remove fish from sauce and place in a well-greased baking dish.
- Crush onions in plastic bag with a rolling pin.
- Add cheese to onions and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle onion mixture over fish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.