Recipe by diner524
A recipe I found at Taste of Home.com. I have tried a number of oven fried chicken recipes and this one sounds very good, so posting it to try. Here is what is stated in the recipe intro: I’ve fixed this dish many times for company, and I’ve never had anyone fail to ask for the recipe. The leftovers—if there are any—are very good heated up in the microwave.
Top Review by breezermom
This chicken is so moist and delicious! I cut it down to one serving, and made a gigantic chicken breast. It was so big I ate it for two meals! The onion/cheese coating was wonderful together, and crisped up nicely in the oven. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe. Made for Newest tag game.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 chicken, cut up (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in onion mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear.