Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice healthy twist to some old comfort food.
- 3 lbs chicken, skinned and cut up
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 cup dehydrated potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt margarine and place in a flat baking dish.
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Combine egg and milk.
- Mix potato flakes and cheese.
- Dip chicken in milk then roll in potato flakes to coat thoroughly.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken, reseason with salt and pepper.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Variation: Try this with fish, cutting back the time to 8 minutes per side.
Very good chicken. It stayed moist and had a very good flavor. My kids actually asked for it again(they are very picky). I will be making this again. Thanks Mysterygirl.
This is one of the most popular chicken dishes I have ever made. I wasn't here when it was for dinner, but I expected to eat the leftovers when I got home. Unfortunately, there were no leftovers, though I was told it was very good.
WOW!! This was great!! I did add quite a few different seasonings (pepper, basil, oregano, paprika)to the mixture as I thought it would be too bland otherwise. I also double dipped. I dipped the chicken in the egg then the potato flakes and then egg and potato again to give it more crunch. I also baked it for 15 minutes longer for more of a crunch. FANTASTIC!! My husband says this is our new substitute for you know who's fried chicken ;-); its also so much healthier!