Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on www.raleys.com but rewrote the directions as they were a bit confusing. Cod and tilapia might work well too. My DH was very happy and floating in seafood heaven ;) ! If you don't like spicy dishes, try Italian Seasoning instead of Cajun and omit the fresh thyme.
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix (shake well and divide)
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning (divided) or 4 teaspoons blackening seasoning (divided)
- 2 lbs catfish fillets (about 2 large or 4 small fillets)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (divided)
- 1 cup hot water
- fresh thyme, Chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- COATING: Stir together 1 cup stuffing mix and 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning in a small bowl, crushing any larger pieces with your fingers (this might be less messy if done in a zip-loc baggie).
- FISH: Rinse fish and pat dry; brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter and roll in coating.
- Place in a shallow dish and sprinkle with any remaining coating.
- Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, approximately 20 minutes.
- TOPPING: While fish is baking, stir together remaining stuffing mix, Cajun seasoning, 2 tablespoons butter and water in a small bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- When fish is cooked, cover with topping & a sprinkle of thyme and serve.
The best catfish I've ever eaten! I used Pepperidge Farms cornbread stuffing instead of Stove Top because that's what I had. Will make again.