Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from the Kraft Foods website. Cook time is refrigerator time.
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip light
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- MIX dressing, sugar and vinegar in large bowl.
- ADD remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour.
I used dry roasted peanuts, 1/3 bag of leftover coleslaw mix and all the same amounts of your other ingredients. I had to add more Miracle Whip as it was on the dry side. The peanuts and bacon were a nice surprise. Next time I'll also throw in a handful of sunflower seeds. Thanks for posting.
I scaled this back to 3.5 serves and 3 of us gobbled it up as our only side with recipe #259114 and it tempered the heat from the wings beautifully. The only subs I did for dietary reasons was to use cashews, (unsalted and I dry roasted them in a fry pan) for the salted peanuts and a 1/2 teaspoon of Natvia (sugar substitue for for sugar) Thank you Shelby Jo, made for Photo Tag.
Yummy, yummy! I've made this a couple of times and we love the peanuts and bacon added to it. Thanks for posting this!