Recipe by Teresa61
This a salad I threw together for am Autumn dinner I was putting on. Everyone just raved about it. I got lucky. It's delicious and easy. I made this for a crowd of about 30, so you probably will want to cut it in half. But then again, I didn't have any problems getting rid of my extra:)
Top Review by FloridaNative
Lady ~ this is AWESOME!! Wonderful dressing with just the right amount of spices, seasonings and add-ins. I used Light Marzelli Cole Slaw Dressing, raw tupelo honey instead of the sugar, red delicious apples (my fave) and only made 1/2 recipe as there's only 3 of us. The roasted pecans in this recipe are a must have! Delicious and easy to make. One of my best Spring PAC 2010 recipes! Thanks for posting :)
- 1 1⁄2-2 heads cabbage, Shredded
- 2 -3 large red apples, I used Gala & Fuji, Unpeeled, cored, & sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, Thinnly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted chopped pecans (I candied mine)
- 4 cups marzetti coleslaw dressing
- 1⁄2 cup honey dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing ingredients together and chill in refrigerator until you are ready for it.
- Toss together shredded cabbage, apples, & onion.
- Add enough dressing to coat lightly. (You may have extra.).
- Stir in Pecans and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.