Recipe by Kendra*
I saw a similar recipe in a cookbook in San Francisco. When I got home I made the salad from what I remembered, then made some changes, and this is what I came up with.
- 3 cups asparagus, sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup jicama, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 green onions
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons basil, dried
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus briefly (about 3-4 minutes) in a small amount of boiling, salted water. Cook only until still a bit crisp. Drain and put into a salad bowl. Chill for about an hour before continuing.
- Add remaining salad ingredients.
- Combine dressing ingredients and shake well. Pour over salad and serve.
- This might be good with some chopped red pepper or a bit of French Fried Onion Rings crushed on top. The dressing might need a bit of sugar added.