1/2 Photos of Crunchy Asian Salad With Shrimp and Scallops
Vicki in CT's Note:
A local restaurant serves a salad similar to this and after a lot of experimenting I came up with a pretty good imitation. I stop on the way home from work at the local Chinese restaurant to pick up the fried wonton strips. Don't let the number of ingredients scare you off as it assembles quickly and easily. You can make the dressing ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 lb bay scallop, drained
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups wonton skins, strips that are fried
- 1Combine shrimp and scallops with 2 teaspoons soy sauce and set aside.
- 2Combine all dressing ingredients in jar and shake well.
- 3Divide wonton strips into two portions and place in bottom of of two serving bowls.
- 4Heat non stick skillet on medium high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil or can omit and spray with Pam. Place marinated scallops and shrimp in hot pan and sear until done (this should only be a very short time until shrimp are pink-do NOT overcook). Turn off heat.
- 5Toss spring mix and cabbage with dressing. Place on top of wonton strips.
- 6Top salad mix with cooked shrimp and scallops.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Asian Salad With Shrimp and Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.4
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.1 mg
- Sodium 1164.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar