Recipe by DSimone
This recipe was printed in Coastal Living Magazine. It was called Amansala Salad with Ginger-Sesame Dressing, after the Amansala Resort and their Bikini Bootcamp. This salad is delicious and a wonderful mix of colors and textures. Enjoy!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
We loved the fresh ingredients that make up this salad! You do need to eat it right away though, as it didn't hold up for DH when he got home from work. I'll be sure not to add in the dressing if we can't all eat together next time. ;) The only changes I'd make are to replace the balsamic vinegar with either an apple cider or rice wine vinegar. I thought the balsamic was overpowering and didn't allow the other ingredients to shine. I used both green and purple cabbage with chicken as the meat, but otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing, DSimone! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 236.59 ml cabbage, shredded
- 236.59 ml lettuce, shredded
- 118.29 ml carrot, shredded
- 118.29 ml diced tomato
- 59.14 ml avocado, diced
- 170.09 g fish fillets or 170.09 g chicken, grilled and chopped
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 14.79 ml sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml honey or 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml ginger, minced
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dressing ingredients in blender, add 2 tbs water and process until smooth.
- Combine all salad ingredient except fish or chicken. Toss with dressing to taste. Top with fish or chicken.
- Makes a single serving as entire meal or 3-4 servings as side salad.