Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can make this vegetarian by omitting the chicken and all salad ingredient amounts may be adjusted to taste --- this salad is delicious!
Top Review by BurgundyS
This was an easy salad and had a nice crunch to it. However, even adding in an extra can of mandaran oranges and extra green onions, we found it a bit too bland for our tastes. Also too oily. I will play around with the dressing ingredients and try it again though!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 -5 cooked boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry chow mein noodles (or use as much as desired)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, well drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pinch garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing whisk all ingredients vigorously until well combined and until no sugar granules remain; chill at least 1 hour or more.
- In a large serving bowl combine the lettuce with chopped chicken and green onions.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving mix in the chow mein noodles, orange segments and sesame seeds.
- Mix/whisk the dressing once again then add in about half; toss to combine (serve the remaining dressing on the side).
- Serve immediately.