Recipe by Derf
Nice for a Sunday breaky. From the local newspaper.
Top Review by bullwinkle
This French Toast tasted pretty good. It was a nice change from the usual egg/milk mixture French toast. My french bread slices were pretty big so I had to use more than 1 tablespoon of butter to cook them. Thanks Derf. Bullwinkle
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick slices)
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 egg
- 1 cup corn flakes, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix nectar, preserves and egg in a blender.
- Add batter to a baking dish large enough to hold bread slices.
- Pour batter over bread (this can be done the night before).
- Right before cooking, coat each side of bread with crumbled corn flakes.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the slices until the cornflakes begin to colour, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with maple syrup.