Recipe by noway
From my grandma....my grandpa's favorite, which is easy to believe because it's delicious! Apricot pie filling spread on the bottom, followed by white cake, and a coconut pecan topping. *Note: Make sure the cake mix you use is for 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish. If you try to make this with a 9x13 inch pan, there will not be enough pie filling to cover the bottom.
Top Review by pincus
Dear The Wallace, this cake was delicious! I followed your instructions except for two changes: I used peach pie filling (I had it in the pantry.) and I had to bake it 10 min. longer as it was still wiggly in the middle at 35 min. The cake mixture was thicker than I anticipated, but otherwise this is an easy dessert. No whipped cream was necessary. (Gotta cut back somewhere!) It was eaten before I got a picture.
- 21 ounces apricot filling
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (for 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut (use more if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (use more if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- whipped cream (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pie filling on bottom of 9x9 or 8x8 inch baking dish.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, and 1/3 c water. Beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour over pie filling.
- Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.