Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From my grandma....my grandpa's favorite, which is easy to believe because it's delicious! Apricot pie filling spread on the bottom, followed by white cake, and a coconut pecan topping. *Note: Make sure the cake mix you use is for 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish. If you try to make this with a 9x13 inch pan, there will not be enough pie filling to cover the bottom.
- 21 ounces apricot filling
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (for 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut (use more if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (use more if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- whipped cream (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pie filling on bottom of 9x9 or 8x8 inch baking dish.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, and 1/3 c water. Beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour over pie filling.
- Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Dear The Wallace, this cake was delicious! I followed your instructions except for two changes: I used peach pie filling (I had it in the pantry.) and I had to bake it 10 min. longer as it was still wiggly in the middle at 35 min. The cake mixture was thicker than I anticipated, but otherwise this is an easy dessert. No whipped cream was necessary. (Gotta cut back somewhere!) It was eaten before I got a picture.