Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From my grandma....my grandpa's favorite, which is easy to believe because it's delicious! Apricot pie filling spread on the bottom, followed by white cake, and a coconut pecan topping. *Note: Make sure the cake mix you use is for 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish. If you try to make this with a 9x13 inch pan, there will not be enough pie filling to cover the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pie filling on bottom of 9x9 or 8x8 inch baking dish.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, and 1/3 c water. Beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour over pie filling.
- Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.