Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this salad crunchier with the addition of toasted almonds. This is ideal for that someone who wants creamy but not made with globs of mayonnaise! Have fun with this recipe.
- 3 medium apples, peeled, seeded and diced small
- lemon juice
- 1 cup red seedless grapes or 1 cup green seedless grape
- 1 cup celery rib, diced small
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat fruit yogurt (your choice flavor-I add a touch of honey to the yogurt)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, plus
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- mint sprig
- Toss the cut up apples with a bit of lemon juice to avoid browning. Cut the grapes in half.
- Mix the apples, grapes, celery, yogurt and 1/4 cup almonds together. Toss well to coat.
- Arrange on lettuce leaves if desired.
- Sprinkle each serving with the reserved 2 tablespoons of toasted almonds and add a sprig of fresh mint leaves.
- Chill if not eating immediately.
Good. I used Empire apples, freshly squeezed lemon juice, red seedless grapes, Balkan yogurt with some creamed honey, all dry pan toasted sliced blanched almonds, plus the celery rib, no mint out of preference.
Great fruit salad! My mint was not at its best so I didn't use any, otherwise made as directed. I used lemon yogurt and thought that was great with the other fruit flavors. I liked the crunch of the celery and almonds. Thanks for sharing your recipe!