Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthy snack or breakfast for kids and adults!
Make and share this Crunchy Apple Rings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 granny smith apple
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup Honey Bunches of Oats cereal (or your choice of cereal)
- Wash apple. With a knife or apple corer, remove the core of the apple.
- Slice into rings about 1/4 inch thick so that the apple has a hole in the middle.
- Spread smooth or crunch peanut butter on one side of each apple ring.
- Place on plate and sprinkle with Honey bunches of oats cereal, or any cereal of your choice.
I can't really rate this recipe because we don't use peanut butter, we use strawberry cream cheese and honey nut O's. My kids LOVE them. It's such a great idea.
We just made these for an after school snack. The kids all loved them. Quick , easy, and healthy!
We are lacking in creative snacks so I was glad to see this one pop up last night on the main page. What a nice twist to just serving apple slices as a snack. Since we can't bring peanut butter into the classrooms, and because my DD doesn't like PB, I decided to use cream cheese and Cheerios. DD loved it. I didn't have granny smith apples so I just used red delicious. I bet the granny smith ones would taste even better! Thanks for the nifty snack idea.