Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken with a crunchy almond crust and a crimson raspberry sauce. From Midwest Living, and one of the best recipes I've ever attempted!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can smoked almonds, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces brie cheese, cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange rind (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups red raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a medium saucepan, bring raspberries, water, and honey to boiling; cook over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes or until raspberries begin to break up.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water until smooth, then stir into raspberry mixture.
- Cook and stir the mixture until it's thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with some salt and black pepper.
- Cover the sauce, and keep it warm.
- Place each breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Lightly pound each chicken piece to about 1/8 inch thick.
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk together.
- Place coarsely ground almonds in a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture.
- Coat both sides with almonds, pressing the nuts gently into chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Cook the chicken, 2 pieces at a time, over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until almond coating is golden brown and chicken no longer is pink.
- Turn chicken once halfway through cooking time.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet; top each piece with a slice of Brie.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is softened.
- Remove from oven.
- Place one piece of chicken, cheese side up, on each plate.
- Top each serving with warm Raspberry Sauce and sprinkle with proange peel, if using.
I made this tonight for my girlfriend's birthday dinner. The chicken turned out moist and delicious! The brie gave it that extra flavor to bring it to a whole 5 stars. We loved the raspberry sauce (and even used half the honey)! Very, very good. We will be making this again. It's also a nice, easy dish to impress guests with. Thanks, Alijen!
I was just looking in my online cookbooks and saw that I hadn't reviewed this yet. I am sorry. We love this recipe. It has such a unique flavor and is very quick and easy to cook. I didnt pound the chicken breast though. Still turned out great. Thanks for a keeper