Pull out your cast iron skillet. From Crisco's website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package cornbread, and muffin mix (Martha White yellow cornbread & muffin mix)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup green tomatillo salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed small corn chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, mashed
- juice and peel of one lime
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup minced cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup small corn chips
- 1Heat oven to 400º F.
- 2Spray a 10 1/4-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray.
- 3Stir together cornbread mix, egg and salsa in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in chicken, chili powder, green onions, green chilies and 1 cup cheese. Pour into prepared skillet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and 1/2 cup corn chips. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4Combine sour cream, avocado, lime juice and peel. Stir in cabbage and cilantro. Mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Remove cornbread from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes. Slice cornbread into six wedges. Top each slice with the slaw, tomatoes and corn chips. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchtastic Chicken Chipotle Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.9
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.6 mg
- Sodium 645.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: