Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pull out your cast iron skillet. From Crisco's website.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package cornbread, and muffin mix (Martha White yellow cornbread & muffin mix)
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup green tomatillo salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely crushed small corn chips
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, mashed
- juice and peel of one lime
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup minced cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup small corn chips
- Heat oven to 400º F.
- Spray a 10 1/4-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together cornbread mix, egg and salsa in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in chicken, chili powder, green onions, green chilies and 1 cup cheese. Pour into prepared skillet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and 1/2 cup corn chips. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine sour cream, avocado, lime juice and peel. Stir in cabbage and cilantro. Mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove cornbread from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes. Slice cornbread into six wedges. Top each slice with the slaw, tomatoes and corn chips. Serve immediately.