- 500 ml oatmeal (not instant)
- 250 ml flour
- 250 ml shredded coconut
- 200 ml sugar
- 250 g margarine
- 15 ml golden syrup
- 5 ml baking soda
- 5 ml baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine and syrup together in a large pot.
- Add baking soda and stir.
- The mixture will froth up, just keep stirring until all of it has frothed up.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Press into a greased baking sheet.
- Dough must be 1 1/2 cm thick.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- While still hot, cut into squares and leave to set before removing to cooling rack.