Prep 10 mins
Cook 32 mins
These are SO easy to make. My mother use to make them every year. They are always a great at any party. People will never guess what is in them.
- 35 premium plus saltine crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F Place crackers in a single layer on a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- HEAT butter and sugar in saucepan on medium-high heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Bring to boil; boil 3 minute without stirring. Spread over crackers.
- BAKE 7 minute Immediately sprinkle with chopped chocolate; let stand 5 minute Spread melted chocolate over top. Sprinkle with walnuts. Cool. Cut or break into pieces.
Always a favorite around the holidays. I found the baking time to be too long, burnt the sugars, so made it again and cut baking time in half.
I've saved this recipe in my "To Do" file quite some time ago, but somehow kept passing it by. However the other day, I received them from chef #946146, my partner in the 2008 Holiday Cookie Swap. These are so wonderful!!!! DH keeps going back for more. :) No excuse not to make them now.
My good this is soooo good. Easy to make and my husband and his friends made them up... I will make them every time I have to bring something to a party.